Thursday, April 10, 2014

Final #3: Group 3D Building Project & ROLLCALL CLASS 11


This is our group in the Second Life world Sunamari. We worked on building a home for us in the class. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

Sam started a carriage house and then a pool which I worked on as best I could. My computer was lagging like no computer has lagged before. It was horrible.

Here is Jamie and Diana (I think) in the background. There was a lot of 'stuff' in this world which was probably why it was lagging so hard.

More building. Diana put up a funny door.

Here I am trying to build some pool games. That block was my sad attempt at a basketball backboard. I eventually made a rim also and would've made a net. I then would've textured/materialized them to look like what they were supposed to be. Ie. White backboard maybe with a red square, an orange rim and a white meshy net.

Here is the roll call stating what we each worked on. I thought the food on the table that Diana made was a really nice touch!


So I was able to borrow a family computer and Second Life ran much better on it. So here is our 'family portrait' at the picnic table outside our castle! And look! Someone is driving a Delorean behind us! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment