Wednesday, May 14, 2014

FINAL PROJECT: TESTING MY FELLOW CLASSMATES' IMMERSIVE LIBRARIES

So I tested this guy named Andrew Hong's library first.
Although he is not in my class, I saw it on Meshmoon and wanted to see how his was.
It was WEIRD! Kinda cool but creepy and freaky too, probably because it was unfinished.


It was very strange because of the face(s) on the dome piece (lol) thing. It was also weird because this audio came on of a woman speaking, but it was like she was talking about someone who was dying. It sounded like what you would hear on ER but a bit less dramatic, it was about some guy not breathing and to put the pads (defibrillator) on him. Very strange...


I checked out Jamie's on multiple occasions and really liked hers. It was simple but effective. I thought it was kinda weird that she used cubes as cubes and didn't stretch them to be more easily visible.


Here is a SS of the loading screen for Diana's. It crashed on me 3 times or so before I finally got in. First time I got in but lagged incredibly and then crashed and the other two (I think) times it crashed before it got to 30% loading, like at 27 or so. This time below it actually did let me in, but her world was too spread out for my liking and none of her billboards had working sites. She did have a picture of pink socks of cats or something I thought was interesting.


I wanted to log into Edward's but it told me I didn't have permission! Edward you secretive guy!

I checked Curtis' the other day and he has two that are both glitchy. But they worked today and one was bare empty, and the other was this:

Are these oil barrels?
He did these cool brick materialed cylinders and blocks and this throne looking thing with a rock material. It was cool but had no articles or videos...

There was a place called "VK Final Space" by "VIRGINIA" so I assume that's the Virginia from our class. But once I spawned in, I also fell through the sea floor (same as Andrew H's) and couldn't jump back above ground when I clicked respawn.  But it looked like there were no articles or videos in there either.

Lastly I looked at Sam's. It was good, like a castle and he definitely got creative with his placement of things like the articles and videos. It was a little convoluted though and not easy to navigate and see clearly, but entertaining. I felt like I was in Game of Thrones!

This is visiting my classmates immersive libraries in Meshmoon. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment